Cheesecake, figs, and pinot noir.
Wine & Dessert Party
Cinnamon and Paprika Chicken Thighs with a Pine Kernel and Sesame Crust
This is one of those quick to cook conveniently obliging dishes which can be prepared ahead so that it sits quietly gathering flavour in the fridge then all it needs is six minutes per side in the pan and you have something delectable.
• 4 boneless, skinless chicken thighs, trimmed
• 1.5 tsps. ground cinnamon
• 1 tsp. ground paprika
• 2 fat cloves garlic
• 2 tbsps. olive oil
• 15g pine kernels
• 10g sesame seeds
• small handful parsley, chopped
• 1 tbsp. pain yoghurt let down with 1 tbsp. water
- • Put the cinnamon, paprika and olive oil in a bowl large enough to fit the chicken and grate in the garlic. Stir it around.
• Add the chicken, stir around again so that every bit of the chicken is covered with the spices, cover and leave to marinate in the fridge. It will sit in the fridge like this quite happily for at least two days.
• Remove from fridge, shake off excess oil and dip in the seeds, then cook in a frying pan or grill pan, top (presentation) side down first, for 6 minutes each side or until cooked through.
• Serve drizzled with a spoonful of plain yoghurt diluted with a little water if it seems very thick.
Click for more quick and easy chicken thigh recipes