These Potted Prawns are oh, so lovely; delicious and elegant as a starter or light lunch. They are good served with my Beetroot and Vodka Cured Salmon
Enough for 4 small ramekins
• 300g prawns
• 50g butter
• Half. tsp. cayenne
• Grated Nutmeg (about half)
- • Rinse the ramekins with water and line with a double layer of wet cling film allowing it to flop over the edges of the ramekins
• Dab the prawns dry with kitchen roll
• Gently melt the butter and add to it the cayenne and nutmeg
• Combine the butter and prawns and mix around. It may feel as though you need more butter, but have faith!
• Press the buttery prawns firmly into the ramekins
• Fold the overhanging cling film over the top and press down again
• Leave to set in the fridge at least 2 hours, preferably over night.
• Turn out with the help of the cling film
The Potted Prawns make a good topping and sauce for salmon and white fish. Just warm through and tip over the top of the fish. Lovely in jacket potatoes too.
Click for more quick and easy light lunches and starters