Tomato Chilli Jam
Perfect with my Quick Thai Chicken. can be prepared up to two weeks in advance if kept in the fridge. Good for dips too!
• 4-5 large tomatoes
• Half tsp. chilli paste from a tube (use more if you wish)
• Approx. 4 cm piece of root ginger, roughly chopped or grated
• 3 fat cloves of garlic
• Half tbsp. Thai Fish Sauce
• 2 tbsps. soft brown sugar
• Glug cider vinegar
- Remove the tough stalk and roughly chop the tomatoes
Using a hand stick blender or food processor whizz all the ingredients to a puree
Transfer to a saucepan and simmer gently for about 30 minutes, stirring every now and again. You want it to become a thick-ish puree. It will thicken further as it cools.